February 1, 2012
Why Blog About Shaft Alignment?
By Stan Riddle
VibrAlign’s blog has been up for a few months now, and we hope the information we have all shared has been informative. But, with all of the information available on the internet, why a blog dedicated to shaft alignment? At VibrAlign, we’re out to Realign America. We’ve stood by and watched as:
- Manufacturing jobs have gone overseas.
- Apprenticeship and training programs have become victims of budget cuts.
- Maintenance people have not been instructed on how to properly align machinery, and left to learn it on the job.
- Maintenance has been asked to do twice the work with half the people.
- We’re an aging workforce, with aging equipment, but we’re still better than anyone else in the world!
We want to share our expertise with whoever wants to read our blog. Our training staff has decades of experience in alignment – not just teaching it, but doing it! We’ve been in the hot, dirty, tight places too. We have made all of the errors in alignment that you have. We have spent our careers learning a lot of tricks, tips, and shortcuts to make alignment, easy, accurate, and fast. And we sincerely want to share those things with you. We work for a company that sells the best shaft alignment tools available.
The sledgehammers, pry bars, and come alongs haven’t changed much. But the tools and techniques used to accurately measure and align machinery have.
So, join on the blog. Read. Comment. Discuss. Even disagree if you want. Let’s start a dialog on how we align machinery. If we don’t respond immediately, please understand that we work for a living too! We’re more likely to be found teaching a training class, or pulling wrenches, than typing a blog post!
We hope you learn from us. We want to learn from you too!
The VibrAlign Training Staff – David Zdrojewski, Brad Case, Patrick Lawrence, and Stan Riddle